Fall Root Roast.
I had so much fun coming up with this dish and it is one of my new favorite meals to make. When I selected my produce I look for local and organic. If it is local I know it is in season and more likely what my body needs. I was in a fantastic mood because it is a beautiful day out and we took a family walk to the store. I felt really excited when I was preparing the meal because I selected new roots that I had not tried before. When I ate my meal I felt very proud and delighted because it tasted really good and it look beautiful.
My recipe: Fall Root Roast
To make the brown rice:
– 2 cups of brown rice added to four cups of boiling water, once boiling cover and then reduce heat to simmer, and then simmer for 45 minutes
Once the rice is done:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Add garlic powder to liking
- Add sea salt to taste
- Add in a splash of olive oil
- Mix all together with the rice.
For the veggies:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 2 watermelon radishes, diced
- 2 turnip, diced
- 3 small yams, diced
- 1 golden beet, diced
- 2 handfuls of red dandelion, chopped
After dicing all the root vegetables put them in a bowl and mix in olive oil, sea salt, thyme, oregano, and garlic salt to liking. After the roots are covered with the oil and seasoning place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and place the roots on the parchment paper so they are in a single layer.
Cook for 15 minutes. Turn them over and cook for another 12 minutes. Next, put on the chopped red dandelion on the roots and sprinkle with olive oil and sea salt and then bake for another 5 minutes.
Serve the veggies on a bed of rice and enjoy!